The Flat Glass Manufacturers’ Association (FGMA) represents companies that manufacture flat glass in the UK.
The FGMA is the UK’s leading authority on all topics relating to the manufacture and use of flat glass.
Flat glass is used in a wide variety of applications and plays a key role in our everyday life. It is used in the construction
sector to make windows and façades for residential and commercial buildings as well as applications such as interior parti-
tion walls, balustrades, furniture, staircases and glass floors.
The FGMA is the UK’s leading authority on flat glass
The Flat Glass Manufacturers’ Association (FGMA) promotes best practice in product performance, design and application for flat glass, and positively encourages the development of industry standards and technical guidelines for the benefit of all stakeholders in the glass and glazing industry and wider society.
Aims and Objectives of the FGMA
- To drive the positive improvement of the glass and glazing industry by engaging with key stakeholders and agencies.
- To be the UK’s recognised leading authority on all topics relating to the manufacture and use of flat glass.
- To promote the benefits of flat glass in the built environment to all stakeholders.
- To educate stakeholders on how high-performance flat glass can positively enhance society through tangible benefits to wellbeing, health, sustainability and contribution to the UK’s economy by publishing authoritative and trusted Positioning Papers and Technical Guidance Documents.
- To be the UK’s leading voice for the glass industry in advocacy with the Government and other stakeholders to positively influence regulations and standards
About Our Papers
One of the core objectives of the FGMA is to raise industry standards by sharing best practice and creating technical guidelines to enable building designers, specifiers, government, regulators, glass processors, window fabricators and façade installers to better understand the design, performance and application possibilities of flat glass.
Downloading Our Papers
Please enter your details below to download our free technical documents.
How Flat Glass is made
Flat glass is used in a wide variety of applications and plays a key role in our everyday life. It is used in the construction sector to make windows and façades for residential and commercial buildings as well as applications such as interior partition walls, balustrades, staircases and glass floors. The production of flat glass is a highly technical process. Watch this video to find out how flat glass is made.
GET IN TOUCH
Please fill in the contact form below.